Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coming Back From the Flu

A couple of weeks ago I came down with the flu. It's a good idea to avoid that if you can. Of course, I bet you already knew that. It took me out for 9 days, and I'm just now starting to be able to come back and do stuff again. I finally rode to school on Friday, too, it's a decent ride by itself, I wouldn't call it hard, but it was definitely slower than usual. Slow or not, I got hellos from three people! That never happens! The weather was beautiful, I made it home just before it really started to get windy, the typical spring winds that pop up here. Saturday's ride wasn't too long either, but it was perfect for including the intervals in the afternoon with the new team. A new girl showed up, a girl in High School looking to get into tri's (yay! We need new blood.) but she didn't bring a helmet and I couldn't let her ride. Sad, but now she knows. I really hope she comes out again, I think there's promise there. There were A LOT of men out racing and just basically hauling butt everywhere. It seems that everyone really comes out when it first starts to get warm.
I was intending to sleep in a little on Sunday morning, but, of course, my plan was foiled by my dog. She has been getting treats from my dear mother at 5:30 in the morning, and now, right about 5:30 is when she starts to whine and gets restless because she wants treats. It's Pavlov's dog...needless to say she doesn't listen well to "Shut up Cleo" from me.
One of the races that I have done every year since I started Tri's is sadly cancelled, and even though I wasn't completely planning on going, I'm really disappointed. It was my first tri. It was posted on facebook that it's cancelled, so I'm somewhat skeptical, but since I talked to one of the guys at the school that usually puts it on, my hope has dwindled. Seems my baby sprint race will be the Spring Fling.
I'm getting a new bike, too. I'm really really excited! Pictures to come.... :)

No comments: