Sunday, July 17, 2011

Done With Slings!

I'm finally (well, for a few days now) am able to let my arm hang down without it hurting, so I'm finished with the stupid slings. It's good and bad because they're super inconvenient but at the same time it did let people know that I can't use my right arm. So now I have an ACE bandage that I wrap my arm in to help support it and to let people know that I am actually still broken. That way they don't think I'm completely lazy when I won't lift heavy things or get bikes down. It's that I can't yet. I'm at least getting back my functionality at work.

I can ride on the trainer still, but today I actually was able to support myself on my bullhorns (on my TT bike) today for a little bit. It's getting stronger, but my arm was mighty sore after that. I seem to be having strong bike legs though, which is fantastic. I had it with boring trainer long rides in the winter, so I'm not mentally able to do anything super long anymore. I need the quality workouts anyways. So that's what I'm doing. I'm working on my running too. Especially since it hasn't been great thus far this year.

I'm doing my best to study for the GRE today, but since I've been up since 4am, I'm having quite the time focusing! There's not enough caffeine in the world to fix that little sleep. At least for me. I'm pretty sure it's my own dumb fault for having some Gluten Free beer (and maybe a little too much because I was super excited to finally have beer again...). And it always happens that when I have enough, I wake up ridiculously early, starving, and unable to fall back asleep. But I have gotten a good amount of cleaning done today, got my workout in, and have made progress on the studying front. So it's still a successful day. Cleo just sleeps all day no matter what. So I don't think she was affected too much by the early wake up call this morning.

The last thing that I have to do today is make a grocery run. Not because I really need all that much, but because I'm out of coffee. Such a shame.

No comments: