Sometimes I think to myself, gee, life would be easier if I just chose one sport and decided to work at that one and get good at that one, whichever that one may be. I wouldn't have to split my time between three sports and be running around all the time trying to get to the pool on my bike (which hasn't happened more than once since I've started working) and for that matter, I would have a lot less crap to carry. 1/3 the crap, to be exact.
But no, that would make life boring, I guess. It would be easier though if it wasn't scary to me to ride my bike when the roads are icy. Then I could get it all in and use bike commuting as a workout, too. But no. I'm either a chicken or smart and don't think it's a good idea to ride on icy roads with cars that may or may not be in control of themselves. It's not me I'm worried about. So I'll drive and make my own time all that much less and get myself sick by trying to do too much.
So I'm spending the day in bed today because I got myself sick because I wore myself out and people at work come and cough on me. Oh well, at least I can listen to music at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment