I can't believe it's been a month since I've updated. Sorry. That totally doesn't jive with what my pledge to myself was some time ago, to update almost every day. Oh well. Truth is through December I was working full-time (which is hard when you're trying to train, and function). I need more sleep than is possible when training a lot and working full-time. It's hard. BUUUTTTTT good news is that I got a new job. It's not 100% perfect, but it's a ton better. I have the flexibility to work 6 hours a day (which is just perfect to fit in training and food and sleep and a little down time). But the catch is that it's a chemistry lab and the safety to me seems a bit questionable...gonna keep looking for a different job, but it's a huge step up from what I was doing before. Which was grading standardized kindergartner tests. Painful, painful days when that's done for 8 hours.
The holidays were great. Went to Calgary which was fun. Came home shortly before New Year's Eve to near 60 degree temps. Strange, and ALL the snow melted in a rainstorm. Go figure. Not that I was complaining or anything since I could bike outside for a short period again, but still was strange. I'm used to the snow melting in a day, and usually the same day that it fell. Not all 8 inches in a night a month after it fell.
And then, Monday January 3rd my niece was born. I still haven't met her yet, that's this Saturday. I get to go home to meet the newest addition to my family. Kudos to my sis to making it through a tough labor. I'm so excited to meet her!
And on a side note, I rode to work Monday thru Friday last week! Every day last week! Never mind that I haven't ridden this week. I needed my usual day off this week, and then it snowed. Boo to snow. I probably wouldn't mind if I could actually PLAY in the snow, but this town isn't conducive to anything of that sort of fun. Boo to this town. Can't wait to go home for a visit (and a ride or two).
No comments:
Post a Comment