I hate the days that never seem to go right. Nothing went wrong, per se, but nothing really went right. I guess it started yesterday. I had an awful long ride because I bonked. Again. And then I had to change the oil in my car. Ok, not that hard, right? Well, no, it's not. But it was the first time I'd done it on my own so there was a bit of a learning curve mostly in trying to find the stupid drain bolt from the oil pan. Found it after a few phone calls to dad and a good let's-laugh-at-aubrey session from my sister and brother-in-law. Then this morning I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess. Went to work and had to deal with a typically very nice turned completely obnoxious boss who felt it necessary to hover over what I was doing, demand different parameters that wouldn't work, distract me from the program that needed to be changed because of a slight interference, and thus accidentally bend a perfectly brand new nozzle. Which really pissed me off. I hate breaking things. I hate being given ambiguous projects, too, which seemed to be the idea of the day. Do you want me to do THIS or THIS??? Pretty simple answer, no? I guess not.
Then, to top it all off I called my grandpa who's in the hospital following a heart attack. He's very sick, he's had cancer for a number of years now and the latest round of chemo is taking its toll (when previous rounds had seemed to have been no problem for him). It's not sounding good.
On a more positive note, the weather is going to be warm tomorrow and I'm going to be able to bike to work without having to worry too much about ice. And there's a bike shop in town looking for a women's dept person that I'm going to go talk to to see if that might work out better than where I'm at now. That would be nice because I have wanted to do bike stuff for a long time now.
And I got some lovely flowers for Valentine's Day. That makes everything better, too :)
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa and your stupid boss, but glad to hear you got flowers! You and Dave should commiserate about bosses!
Post a Comment