Ok ok I know. I'm sorry. It's been since January. So that means a quick catcher upper. Been training and racing a lot. Went to Havasu in March, got 3rd, did a good time too. Went to Collegiate Nationals in April, didn't do so well. Just wasn't there. Did a small, new local race called Coyote Carrera, got 1st overall, felt pretty good, but it's hard to gauge some races. Did the Jay Benson, got 1st overall, and was really surprised that I came out with any kind of time that I can deem good because all week before was spent in the UNM machine shop and computer lab stressing over final projects and write ups. There wasn't much for training that week, either. Then it was time for stressing over final exams so that I could, you know, graduate haha. So I did, and I did it Cum Laude in Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Spanish. Sweet! I'm really glad to be done, but I'm a little scared, too. It's a big step. I'll finally not be stressing over school enough so that I can train as much as I want, and theoretically, do much better than ever before.
So where am I going from here? Well, first off, I'm working part-time through the summer in my Mechanical Engineering internship that pays well. And I'm training and racing all over the place. Then at the end of the summer, I'm running away with Casey, my love, to Illinois. He got into the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, which is totally amazing, and I'm planning on going out there partly to be with him, partly to live somewhere new (as opposed to the place I've been my WHOLE life), and partly because the triathlon scene there is SO much bigger than it is here in NM. So it's one big new adventure for both of us! I'm excited for that.
Next race is the Hy Vee. I've never done this one before, so it will be interesting, as always. I'm looking forward to the new venue, and I'm hoping it goes well. I'm stuck though in terms of getting out there. I just can't justify flying out there, since it costs just as much to fly my bike there as it does me. Seriously. As long as it costs that much to fly, I won't. Not to races anyways. So that leaves driving. Yep. Me and my lil wagon. We are making the 15 hours to Des Moines in two days and crashing in a KOA on the way. Soo much cheaper than flying! And much more scenic. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment